Recovery Service Instructions for CF-31, CF-53, CF-52, CF-19, FZ-G1
Use your Recovery Service USB drive purchased from Tough Outlet with the Instructions below. If you did not purchase from Tough Outlet, please disregard the below instructions (if you wish to purchase a Recovery Drive click here and request a quote).
First, please ensure it is the correct USB flash drive. THE MODEL # MUST MATCH THE DEVICE IT WAS MADE FOR.
If purchased with Windows 7, please contact us before proceeding.
Once verified it is the correct drive, do the following:
- Connect to AC power
- Turn off the device
- Plug the USB Flash Drive Backup into a USB slot
- Boot your device while repeatedly pressing the “F2” button. (You may need to restart while pressing F2 if BIOS does not open)
- When in the BIOS, press the ‘left’ arrow key once and use the ‘up’ arrow key to select to boot the USB Flash Drive Backup. Typically this is a Samsung or Sandisk or Lexar USB drive. Press Enter
- Please wait. Your machine may reboot several times
- Once the program has loaded, click the icon with a magnifying glass and folder icon that says “Browse for an image file…”
- Double click the drive called “Image”
- Double click the file
- On the right side of the selected image file, there’s an icon with two blue arrows that says “Restore Image”. Click that icon
- Click Next
- Click Finish
- Check the box “All target data will be overwritten. Confirm to proceed” PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL ERASE YOUR ENTIRE DRIVE/FILES AND START YOU FROM A CLEAN IMAGE
- Click Continue…
- “Restore Completed…” Click OK
- On the bottom left, there is a red square with a white circle and line icon. Click that. Select Shutdown and click OK
- When the computer is shut down, remove the recovery USB drive and store it somewhere safe
- Boot the computer
- It should show a “System Preparation Tool”. Click OK and wait several minutes
- Set up Windows like you originally did when you first received the computer
We will be uploading a video shortly to aid help you through this but until then, if you need any assistance please contact us here.